First things first: Your nonprofit should have an Instagram account so you can tell better stories. Second, Instagram's Donation stickers are here, but you need an Instagram Business account to be able to accept donations from them.
If your nonprofit's Instagram account is a personal account, that's okay - you can convert it. If you don't have an Instagram account, be sure to open a Business Account.
Benefits of a Business Account
There are perks of a Business account that you don't get with a Personal account. Business accounts give you:
- Real-time metrics about how your stories and promotions are going
- Insights into followers and their interactions with your posts
- Ability to add your phone number, hours, and location
- Ability to receive donations through the Donation stickers (as long as your nonprofit is qualified through Facebook for Facebook fundraisers.)
How to Set It Up
If you don't have an Instagram Business page you can open one by downloading the app and creating an account. You can easily create an account by logging in with your nonprofit's Facebook page credentials.
If you want to convert a personal account:
- Go to your profile and tap
- Tap Settings
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Business Account.
- Connect your business account to your non profit's Facebook Page.
- Add details such as your business or account's category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
Remember, Instagram is all about storytelling so make sure that your nonprofit is investing time and resources into crafting Instagram posts and stories that will motivate your audience.
Topics: How to